Wendy UnBrOkEn

Without the Dark, We'd Never See the Stars...



Saturday, June 9, 2012

**Dirty Dancing**

Dirty Dancing is on VH1 tonight. Oh the memories!! 


I think I was 9 when this movie came out. My mother would not allow me to go see it.  I was so mad at her that I snuck out of the house (at 9!!) with some friends (they were 9, too!) and hitched a ride (at 9!!!) with a man in a truck (OH MY GOD, what the FUCK was I thinking??!!) all the way to the theater to watch it.  The man never came back to pick us up so I had to call my mother to come get us.  Needless to say, I am 35 yrs old and JUST NOW got ungrounded!! LOL 


I have never had regrets about that day, though.  Well...maybe the hitching a ride part was really stupid, but I survived!!  It has been my favorite movie ever since!  No movie will ever take its place. 


RIP Patrick (Johnny Castle), I will always remember when you said "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!" and then you and Baby danced the last dance of the season... 


Dirty Dancing Soundtrack - The best music!











No comments:

Post a Comment