Wendy UnBrOkEn

Without the Dark, We'd Never See the Stars...



Sunday, July 15, 2012

48 Hours Until Surgery!!

I am counting down the hours, folks!  My excitement is building and I can hardly contain myself.  I am at work today, passing the time by keeping busy.  I don't know what I will do Monday.  I guess I will have to sleep part of the day and read my book the rest of the day so I won't notice the time creeping along. 

I have to be at the hospital by 7:30am Tuesday.  I am not sure when the actual surgery will take place.  I don't think that I will have to stay over night as I had previously thought I would.  My insurance has changed the requirements for the lap band procedure.  It will be nice to not have to spend the night in a hospital room with nurses waking me up every three hours for a temperature reading and blood pressure check! 

I picked up my (after lap band) prescriptions Friday.  Hydrocodone for pain, phenergan for nausea and a transderm scop patch for nausea to place behind my ear for three days.  The hydrocodone and the phenergan are liquids since I will be unable to have any solids for about 6 weeks or more after surgery.  I won't be able to swallow a pill. 

My wrist tattoo is healing nicely.  It is scabbed over now.  Still red, but not swollen.  I'm keeping it clean and dry just like you're supposed to.  It is going to look so cute when it is healed!  Then... on to the next tattoo!
My poor mother probably thinks my goal is to join a side show as the tattooed lady!!



No comments:

Post a Comment