Wendy UnBrOkEn

Without the Dark, We'd Never See the Stars...



Thursday, July 26, 2012

Back To Work!

I finally went back to work today in the emergency room.  I am glad to be back!  I love the ER and the people in it.  I have been off work since Monday July 16th.  I have missed everyone so much.  I like working. It gives me a purpose.  I will be working today through Sunday.  I am hoping that I am not over doing it by working four 12 hour shifts in a row! 

Now, what to eat today since I am not at home?  I did pack my "lunch".  Two protein drinks and some V8 Splash light.  I can have soups and very soft foods at this point. I noticed they have mashed potatos in the cafe today, so I might get some and see how that goes down. 

So far I have felt pretty good.  I did have some left shoulder pain this morning that got bad enough that I had to take something for it.  I feel better now.  No more shoulder pain.  My abdomen doesn't ache like it has been.  Maybe I am finally coming out of all that.  I can even breath deeply now. 

I am nine days post op... and I am doing wonderfully!  No complaints really, except for the left shoulder pain that comes and goes.  My doctor said I would have that for a little while.  It is normal after the type of hernia repair I had.  Pain medicine helps to curb the ache. 





1 comment:

  1. you are right, working gives a person a sense of purpose. Glad you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete